About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Thursday 2 September 2010

I could changed my world...

"In every real man a child is hidden that wants to play..." - Friedrich Nietzsche 

Remember being a kid, when the world was full of possibilities?

I read the long thread of comments on fb and the jokes and some old terms used put a smile on my face. Those were comments from friends of BigV who used to frequent my house and cramped my small room to listen to old records, very long years ago. We would sing while someone strummed my old guitar till dusk. We’ll always sing along with Bee as she has a good voice so that we won’t be noticed to be out of tune.

I remember on weekends, the gang, boys and girls inclusive, used to go camping on the beach of PCB. We use to lie down on the sand at dusk and stare intently at the sky and look for the brightest star. Then we’ll close our eyes tightly and say "Star light, Star bright, the first Star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, Have the wish I wish tonight’. And silently make our wishes. In the middle of the night, we revealed to each other what we wished for and had a good laugh later on.

I always wished for the same thing over and over and never half-heartedly. Then, I believed I could change my world just by making a simple wish...

(1972 - Kijang Camp)

Throw down your hat, kick off your shoes
I know you ain't goin' anywhere
Run 'round the town singin' your blues
I know you ain't goin' anywhere.

You have always been a good friend of mine
but you're always saying farewell
and the only time that you are satisfied
is with your feet in the wishing well...

9 comments:

  1. Me and the males of 42nd KB never left the troop even when we were in SIC. We were camping at Kijang Camp too at this time, of course with the 42nd.

    Still remember the cutie from 1st KB that came riding a bike to our camp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. from 1St KB..
    mu fren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone joined the 1st KB just to be close to one of the BV and broke his heart too...

    We can't turn back the years but we can be bff. (best friend or boy friend forever?)

    Kah3... i am rubbing salt again. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Afternoon

    Definitely gonna recommend this post to a few friends

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow all I can say is that you are a great writer! Where can I contact you if I want to hire you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there

    Just wanted to show my appreciation for your time and hard work

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey - I am really happy to discover this. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello every one - hope yous had a realy nice one - doing the rounds and back from parents 12lbs heavier a`hhh , all the best for 2012 -
    bueleys

    ReplyDelete