About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Thursday 30 September 2010

Living in the moment…

"When we are dreaming alone it is only a dream. When we are dreaming with others, it is the beginning of reality..." - D H Camara

(Dreams are for dreamers...)

I need to be still, and listen to the calling of my own heart.

My work is stressful at times. Often I will find my plate overly full and feel as though I'm drowning. For now I am taking everything in stride. Days when I find myself extremely stressed with work, I try to remind myself that it's going to be over soon. I want to follow my dreams and pursue my passions. Life is far too short to wish I could do things later. I want to do it now so I can at least say I tried. I want to do what I love. It's what makes me tick.

I should be grateful for what is already in my life. Like all else, I am trying to live in the moment…

3 comments:

  1. Broken hearted dreamers / Dream on my friend

    You can search up on the mountains,
    you can search the sea or valleys low.
    You can search way high up in the sky's
    or on the path the north wind blows.
    It doesn't matter if you look
    a hundred years, short or long,
    you never can relive the life
    whispered in memory and song.
    You can look until your life
    and all your breath is gone.
    You can yearn for a dream,
    and for a love that's strong.
    Remembering a lost life,
    and how it used to be,
    but broken hearted dreamers
    our loves live only in memory.
    But dream on my friends,
    for in that dream, love has no end.
    So laugh hard at life,
    laugh at time and at the wind,
    Folks may think us crazy,
    but we know love my friends.
    It wouldn't matter how long we cried
    for what still lays in store.
    I'll be a dreamer until I die,
    And even then, maybe more.
    I'll dream on my friends,
    dreaming of a place
    where love has no end...

    Atsiylah Garfinkel


    p.s.
    I'm dreaming too ... "of a place where love has no end ..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. A well meaning friend was here today,

    "It's time to put your grief away
    There are times when we are all sad,
    but life's okay unless you make it bad.
    Go work out and join a gym,
    meet new guys and you'll get over him."

    But to my friend I could only say,
    I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way...

    p.s.
    - extract from a poem by A. Garfinkel. Will be posting the rest of the poem in my next entry. –

    ReplyDelete
  3. its hurts...Dream on my friend...

    ReplyDelete