About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 1 September 2010

Our 31st Anniversary...

I'd like to know that his love,
Is love I can be sure of,
So tell me now and I won't ask again,
Will he still love me tomorrow?

I remember today, 31 years ago. It was a new beginning that marked the start of a brave new future filled with all dreams can hold. We were young and innocent. We ignored our conscience and ran full steam ahead down a road that we didn’t know where it was leading to. That day I thought of the future and wished those dreams would come true.

If asked, I would say that a period of 31 years together is a handful of years to live with one man. It isn't easy to explain. It has not been the fairy tale marriage I dreamed it would be, but neither have I burrowed around with the gophers. I suppose it has most resembled the stock exchange, fairly stable, more ups than downs, and gradually trending upward over time. A good story, a lucky one and I've learned that not everyone can say this about their marriages.

But do not be misled. I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common person with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There is no history dedicated to me, and my name will soon be forgotten, but I have loved someone with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.

And I love him, not for what he is, but for what I am when I am with him.

(2009 - Iftar @ The Legend)



(2010 - Iftar @ The Legend)

As Time Goes By
'
We are older now but better by far
Who knows how good it can be
Our love still grows like a plant in the sun
Or a wave rising up from the sea.

We laughed before, but we laugh more now.
Life is more fun so it seems.
Days are sunnier, the moon shines brighter;
Our life is the stuff of dreams.

(By Karl Fuchs)
'
Happy Anniversary, Yang...

10 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to both of you. Moga sentiasa di lindungi Allah saw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tok Ngah,
    Thanks for the doa...

    What counts in a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is interesting to note that one always associate love in sync with the 'time' dimension, to reflect a sense of eternal bonding. Personally, I feel it would also give a false sense of assurance. Be it 31 years or 31 seconds, once love struck, the spiritual and emotional dimension,... heart, body and soul.. would best refect true love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But the irony is that complacency sets in when you are with someone for a long time. You get too cocky thinking it'll last a life time. Love is not eternal it will come to an end one way or another, but the aspect that separates true love from illusion, is the way love ends

    Love transcends time and is much too powerful to be destroyed by human imperfection. If you take it one day at a time, and enjoy each day as it comes, then love may be there to stay, forever...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara,
    Abah and I are having our iftar at the Di-Atas Brasserie @ The Legend again tonight.

    I can smell the whiff of the aroma from the bountiful selection of favourite dishes and their grilled BBQ lamb is finger licking good yum yum...

    Too bad you are going to miss this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary ...luv both of u..mu tc..hu..hu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ani,
    Thank you, we love you too. Kalau buat open house kat Sri Wali tu jangan lupa orang di sini.

    Jimmy is asking us to plan a reunion in KL after raya too.

    Take care & Salam to all...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary - wishing you many many more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is a saying: Marriage is like good wine, it gets better with age - once you learn to keep a cork in it...

    ReplyDelete