About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Monday 27 September 2010

Pahang - Never blame the rainbows...

Never blame the rainbows for the rain,
learn to forget the memories that cause you pain…

The sun refused to shine again today, but I am feeling ok…

It was not only the climate that was bad the past few days, dear hubby was feeling under the weather too with his high fever and bleeding nose. Last Saturday we were supposed to go for a 4x4 trip to Ulu Slim and plan to stay overnight at the camp site. The trip was cancelled when we were told that the road to the camp site was made inaccessible. The small bridge was damaged and an attempt to cross the river by any other means may get us stuck in the jungle for days.

On Sunday, the sky was a little cloudy but he was feeling a little better. We decided to drive to Genting Highlands for a fresh mountain air. We had lunch at Awana. The lamb chop and sirloin steak tasted better that the ones served in Lanai Kijang. We had the opportunity to try out my new Nikon D5000 which I have not even had the time to read the manual.

(Coffee House @ Awana Genting)
 (Lamb Chop)
(Sirloin Steak)
(Waiting for the flight)

5 comments:

  1. i presume those pics are from the new Nikon D5000...the food had me salivating..you should have captured the rainbow as well, it would make the Nikon a worthy buy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there was one at that time, I would have captured it.

    Chasing beautiful things is a past-time of a dreamer. It is said that, should I follow this rainbow to where the colours meet the earth, I may find my pot of gold...

    I am a dreamer, so let me be…

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup,let's try to ...

    Learn to forget

    I know how it feels
    to be intoxicated in a land of water
    Where time and space can't heal
    my bitter thoughts that lead

    its all in the back of my mind
    these dark thoughts i find
    if i can learn to forget that pain
    so i can have that peace of mind

    a world of ignorance seems fair
    because your darkness is your shadow
    left behind you without a care
    if i can learn to forget the pain
    by walking forward, yes, the rough miles
    there is much gold that can still be gained

    its all in the back of my mind
    these dark thoughts i find
    if i can learn to forget that pain
    so i can have that peace of mind

    - Allen Steble

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the lovely poem from one of my favorite poets.

    We all have a choice
    to speak truly with ourselves
    or go against what seems
    to fulfil our greatest dreams...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Learn to forget...
    Nong ..Yes
    Its lovely
    The Poem..

    ReplyDelete