About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 15 March 2019

The Sungai Selangor Dam...

"Each story has an ending... But sometimes endings are just a new beginning..."

(The Sungai Selangor Dam)

The Sungai Selangor Dam was completed in 2002, flooding the valley of Gerachi Jaya and Pertak off Kuala Kubu Bharu, and resettling the Orang Asli communites that lived here to a new village nearby. It is a picturesque dam that lies along the trunk route to Bukit Fraser from Kuala Kubu Baru town. A popular stopover for photographs and fishing activities.

The Splash Info Center, located along the main road, provides a gallery of displays and informations on the dam project.

(Open for visitors on certain days)
(A scenic view of the dam)
(The SPLASH information centre)
(History of the building of the dam)
(Displays in the Exhibition Centre)
(The park seen from the Viewing Tower)
(The dam seen from the highway)

No comments:

Post a Comment