About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Monday 7 February 2022

First visit to a gynae...

"Not everyone is given the chance to grow old. So appreciate and thank God for every single day of your life..."

(The full test results)

On 24 January 2022, I made appointment with a Gynaecologist, bringing with me the referral letter from the Health Screening Centre. After studying the result of my previous pelvic ultrasound images, the Gynae suggested for me to undergo a few more procedures to enable her to correctly diagnose my condition. She did a thorough ultrasound of the pelvic, which I found quite invasive and painful. A pap-smear procedure and a complete blood tumor marker test.

The next day I had a Pelvic MRI Scan to detect the characteristic and staging of the ovarian cyst. It took about two hours to complete the procedure. A week later I met with my Gynae and was given a full evaluation of the results. I had a 3.5 cm fluid-filled ovarian cyst on the outer surface of my right ovary. Which according to the Gynae is quite uncommon to a woman in my age group. She advised not to do anything for the moment but to have regular checks to monitor the development of the cyst.

My next appointment will be in mid May 2022.

(A heavy breakfast before the appointment)

No comments:

Post a Comment