About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 28 July 2004

Cleopatra bath - elixir of eternal youth...

"I wish memories were like text messages so that I could delete the ones I don't like..."


First I was surprised when Ubai sms to announce that Bee will be joining us tonight but a message followed shortly, ‘tak jadi pulak’.

I can’t blame Bee for being fickle minded. She got a lot on her mind, what with the kids, who I think are adults enough to take care of themselves, and of course, her kittens. What with the uncleared dishes and undone laundry. Lately, she’s been talking to the kittens more than to Abang Yusuf. Got to take control of her household and herself. If not, one of these days she will fizzle off and…

The driver sent Ubai to my office 6 o’clock on the dot. Nik Aminah called to say that her hubby is kind enough to send her. Safe her the trouble of driving through the evening jam. Today is Yaya’s first day in college and she’s feeling very sad. She’s missing her girl already. Performed the solat in my room instead of at the surau while Ubai read newspapers and stuff. After promising Nik Din that we’ll send Nik Aminah home before midnight, we drove off, to nowhere in particular.

Took the Kenny Hill road and decided to stop by Sarameru Spa at Bukit Tunku to say hello to Nik Aminah's sister. Nik Hasnah and partners have done a marvelous job, changing the whole apartment to a spa, a very relaxing ambiance to rejuvenate. Have 2 cups of herbal ginger tea while whispering and giggling endlessly, recalling. Of course need to lower down our voices as they still have clients even at this time of the evening.

Managed to contact Dr Naemah to join us. She’s very busy, this lady, but she doesn’t want to be left out. Promised to meet up at Starbuck at Damansara Utama. My first time meeting Dr Naemah after more than 30 years. She looks the same, but matured. With a pile of literature on the table sipping her cup of coffee. She was the school athlete back in SMKB and ZS and she still look very fit. She’s single for tonight as the husband is back in the USA.

Dinner was Thai food at UpTown Medan Selera and very delicious. And tonight, we celebrated Ubai's birthday. Happy birthday dear Ubai. It was late when we said goodbye to Dr Naemah. Managed to send Nik Aminah home before curfew time. Nearly got ourselves lost trying to get out of Bukit Damansara. Reached home near midnight. Watched tv for a while and said goodnight to Ubai. The YB needs her sleep and rest. She still has another sitting at the Parliament tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment