About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Thursday 8 July 2004

Take responsibility for your feelings...

“He who knows nothing, doubts nothing...” - Italian proverb


I nearly dozed off during the presentation. I slept late last night. Lately I have been sleeping late whenever hubby is around, sharing feelings and making up for lost time. If not because of Nicholas Normand's witty jokes I would have landed on my face flat on the table. I saw some enthusiasm in the way my people asked questions and in the way this young marketing lad from Arjo Wiggins tried to bluff his way out. His partner was somewhat more cunning than he is. At least they were not stingy with their findings and analysis. We were left with loads of CDs and brochures. Those were for the team to digest. I was extra lucky though. I got a present, which I still not have the time to open...

Reflecting of feelings, I extracted some contents from an email forwarded to me:
....Sooner or later, everyone you know will disappoint you in some way. They'll say something or fail to say something that will hurt you. And they'll do something or fail to do something that will anger you. It's inevitable.

Unfortunately, you make things worse when you stew over someone's words and deeds. When you dwell on a rude remark or an insensitive action made by another person, you're headed for deeper problems. In fact, the more you dwell on these things, the more bitter you'll get.

You'll find your joy, peace and happiness slipping away. And you'll find your productivity slowing down as you spend more and more time thinking about the slight or telling others about it. Eventually, if you don't stop doing it, you'll even get sick...

No comments:

Post a Comment