About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Monday 19 July 2004

On the Ning Nang Nong...

“The trouble with being poor is that it takes up all your time...” - Willem de Kooning 



This morning I reached office just in time. Luckily we decided to have breakfast at our favourite Restoran 23 Jam before going to office. We will be seeing each other before class tonight.

I have a little time before my first meeting this morning and while browsing, came across this silly verses for kids by Spike Milligan.

Where the Cows go Bong!
And the Monkeys all say Boo!
There's a Nong Nang Ning
Where the trees go Ping!
And the tea pots Jibber Jabber Joo.
On the Nong Ning Nang
All the mice go Clang!
And you just can't catch 'em when they do!
So it's Ning Nang Nong!
Cows go Bong! Nong Nang Ning!
Trees go Ping!
Nong Ning Nang!
The mice go Clang!
What a noisy place to belong,
Is the Ning Nang Ning Nang Nong!!


One of these days, need to sit with abah and asked him why he called me Nong. Have heard different versions from mak, abang and even ngah. Just need to know more...

3 comments:

  1. Hi there.....Returning a visit. We apparently have a same name. Got my name during my 5 years stinct in STF (one school in JB). It started as Nie, but frens got creative and invented Nonong. Nonong was too long, lastly became Nong. So, Nong it is, anytime, anywhere. But at home Eni is my manja name forever. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I’m yet to ask mak or abah the origin of my name. Most probably it means nothing special at all. When I was very young, I longed to be in STF but back then in KB the school only sent the top girl to boarding schools. hi..hi..I was not even close to the top. But just to share, my daughter was from STF too (1995 – 1999). Small world eh? You must be my daughter’s senior in STF. Over there they love to have nicknames and somehow I noticed the nick lekat sampai bila-bila with friends. Hers is Sareque.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh noo!! what a small world. I was in STF from 89-93. Super super senior of yr Sareque. Yes, there are loads loads of nicknames created in STF. And they last a lifetime!!!

    Btw, I hail fr Kelantan also (Machang to be exact). :-)

    ReplyDelete