About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 17 February 2006

Shocking news...

“We pretend to be strong because we are weak...” - Paulo Coelho


My medical result is out today. I reached Pantai medical Centre early. Went up to 7th floor before a nurse brought me to Block B. Datuk Dr Arumugam was on his round to check patients so I had to wait for a while. I was the first to see the doctor. Dr Aru took time to explain to me about the result. Overall, the result was good, better than last year. My blood pressure was normal. Cholesterol level was good. Mammogram and Pap smear test were normal. I was surprised that the cyst on my left breast has also disappeared. X-ray was ok and no abnormal findings from the abdominal ultra-sound.

But when it came to reading the result from the stress test, the doctor was cautious to read the result and took time to explain to me the reading from the ECG. The result shows that I have coronary artery spasm, which is caused by inadequate oxygen levels (ischemia) of the heart. The doctor explained to me that the affected arteries may either be blocked or constricted. He asked whether I have experienced any chest pain lately. Once or twice, as far as I could remember. According to him, spasm may be silent without symptoms but prolonged spasm may even cause a heart attack. He advised for me to undergo the Angiogram procedure for further evaluation before he could confirm my heart condition.

Back in the office, I headed to the Café for a lunch date with Zila. When asked about my medical result I told her of the complications. I couldn’t concentrate during the Section Head meeting and excused myself early to go home to be with dear hubby.

I was feeling helpless again…

No comments:

Post a Comment