About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Tuesday 14 June 2022

Masjid Lama Kg Gajah, Perak - 1910

“I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living or get busy dying…” - Shawshank Redemption

(Masjid Lama Kg. Gajah, Perak)
 
4.183045, 100.93429
04°10′58.96″N 100°56′03.44″E

Our mission today was to visit a few more old mosques in Perak.

From PLUS highway we exited at Sungkai interchange and drove on the trunk road towards Kg Gajah passing through Langkap and Chenderong Balai. We reached Kg Gajah around 11.30 am and drove direct to Masjid Lama Kg Gajah.

(The posterior view)
(The wooden mosque has been renovated)
(A new look of Masjid Lama Kg Gajah)
(The architecture is still restored)

The old mosque is located in Kampung Tengah, Kampung Gajah. The mosque has been renovated and expanded. Most of the mosque's architecture has been restored. The roof has been replaced but still retains the decorative board patterns. The wooden walls have been replaced with concrete walls. The original pulpit is still preserved in the old mosque.

The interior of this mosque has 34 wooden pillars with cemented base.

(The frontal view of the old mosque)
(The signage of the mosque)
(Jalan Masjid Lama signage)

No comments:

Post a Comment