About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 17 June 2022

My First Cataract Operation...

“Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder...” - Henry David Thoreau

(Warded in the Day-care Centre)

Lately I have been complaining of blurry sight especially on my right eye. After visiting my panel doctor, I was given a referral letter to see an Ophthalmologist in Pantai Hospital.

After my first visit I was given a date for my Cataract surgery. It is a lens replacement surgery to remove the lens of my right eye that has developed an opacification which caused impairment of vision.

I was warded in a day-care Centre where I was prepped for the surgery. During the surgery local anaesthesia was used. My cataract lens was removed through a small incision, then an artificial intraocular lens was implanted in its place. The surgery took less than half an hour to complete.

I was allowed to go home right after the surgery, Alhamdulillah...

(Referral letter from a panel doctor) 
(My Ophthalmologist) 
(A brief procedure to correct my sight)
(A hearty meal after the operation)
(Ready to go home)

No comments:

Post a Comment