About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Thursday 1 July 2004

Momento from Jordan (1994)

"I always thought the joy of reading a book is not knowing what happens next..." - Leonard Shelby

(Sand bottles for Sara, Iwan and Mirza)

The sand from the Dead Sea

We had a short family holiday in Jordan in 1994 after performing our Umrah. We visited many attractions in Jordan and one of them was the Dead Sea.

Reaching 1,373 feet below sea level, the shores of the Dead Sea are the lowest dry point on earth and its water is the second saltiest on the planet. Over the last 50 years, the Dead Sea has lost a third of its surface area to irrigation and hydroelectricity projects, and sinkholes have further siphoned water from the sea into underground caverns, reaching a water level drop rate of three feet per year in 2006.

The souvenir bottles contain the collection of sand from the Dead Sea.

I was in Jordan in November 1994 and April 2011

My Travel Blog: munmus.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment