About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Sunday 12 September 2004

Kota Bharu: Where time stood still...

"This life is what you make it. Not matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes..."


We had late breakfast. Toast and half-boiled eggs to fill up a little. Reached Kem Kijang near noon. Dollah Goy was already waiting for us. Had an interview session with him. If I was not mistaken he was one of those Kelana Putra or Kelana Bakti guys who use to be our Scout Masters for the 1st Girl Scout Troop in the 70’s. He showed us around the camp. Showed us places where we used to camp, where we used to dance for the festival of lights, around the campfire, the Rambong and the Loy Kratong,

These places brought back nostalgic memories from the past. It was here when I first knew about life, about love. About sharing, about loving. I longed to go back through time, to that particular moment where time stood still. Our motto then was ‘Get Smart, Forever Enjoy’. Life was so adventurous and exciting then.

Visited the Museum and to my surprise, there were pictures of the 1st Girl Scout Troop and pictures of the Big 5 in the museum. Had some photo shoots with the seniors. Promised to write to their bulletin one of these days.

Went to PCB and bought some batik kaftans to bring back to KL. PCB was not as serene and beautiful as before. I wondered why they need to change the beach name from Pantai Cinta Berahi to Pantai Cahaya Bulan.

Met a few more old friends at the airport before we bade them goodbye. Promised to see each other again very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment