About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 3 September 2004

Wishing longevity...

“Not knowing where. Bring not knowing what. The path is long, the way unknown..." - Glenn Clark


Poongsan’s booth was next to ours at the KLIMOF Exhibition. We had arranged for at least two of our officers to be on duty at the booth. We even supplied free t-shirts for the occasion. I wondered whether the crowd at the PWTC exhibition hall would be as heavy as last year. In fact, last two years we won the prize for the best booth. Looking at the grandness of our booth, if there was such a prize, we would surely win again this year.

I received a box of ginseng tonic and a lovely copper paperweight from Mr. Kim from Poongsan Corp. He never failed to supply the team with ginseng tea or ginseng in any other forms whenever he comes to KL. When asked about the design of the paperweight Mr. Kim explained that the design depicts ten objects which were believed to enjoy longevity. They were the sun, the moon, mountains, water, stones, pine trees, turtles, cranes, deers and mythical herb that were believed to bring eternal life.

I will use the paperweight when I move to my new office at end of the year. Right now my room is in a mess. With piles of papers to be shredded and stacks of boxes to be labelled. We need to vacate our office by middle of the month to make way for our new Customer Service Center. By early next year the department will be split into 3 floors.

Ignoring the havoc and the mess, an hour of strenuous squash game at the club tonight, enough to shed a week of sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment