About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 1 September 2004

Momento from Turkey (1996)

"you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory..."

(Antique copper vases)

Copper Craft

The era that ended the Stone Age more than 7000 years ago was none other than 'the Copper Age', where Copper could be mined, smelted and worked as the first metal known to mankind. For this, Copper holds a very specific position in relation to Mankind as a whole.

Since then, the first societies to work Copper never gave up their superior hand on Coppersmithing to any other. As of today, the ultimate Copper craftsmanship finds place in Turkey, India, Pakistan, Iran and Syria. As for the traditional Ottoman way of crafting and hammering copper, one can only encounter it in Modern Day Turkey and Syria.

I was in Turkey in December 1996, April 2012, April 2016 and May 2018.

My Overseas Travel Blog: munmus.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment