About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Thursday 29 July 2010

Dancing with fear…

"A miracle is something that seems impossible but it happens anyway..."

Each medical check-up is frightening. I have been through fear and panic several times…

I never miss my yearly medical check-up except for last year. Don’t ask me why. I have reasons for that. This year I summoned the courage and freed my time to visit Pantai Medical Centre, after several reminders. I'd rather err on the side of caution, than pretend I am a superwoman and nothing can go wrong. Besides, the entire complex, expensive and complicated tests were free, so why not take advantage while I am still employed.

Today, accompanied by dear hubby and my grand-daughter Hana, I went to visit my gynae and stopped at the Executive Screening Program 7th Floor to collect the results of my medical tests and got my doctor to interpret them. I was diagnosed with dyslipidemia, fatty liver and a small uterine fibroid. My doctor recommended a lifestyle modification with increase exercise and dietary change to improve my lipid profile. According to my doctor I am generally healthy.

Peace of mind always energizes me and makes me happy…

(Be still, my beating heart...)

2 comments:

  1. There's an old saying.."its better to be struck with lipid now, than to be stiff 6 feet down"...or did I just made that up? Glad to know you are medically certified healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healthy people can die too.

    They said: the happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; wealth, health and love.

    They just make the most of everything they have…

    ReplyDelete