About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 9 July 2010

Muddy water blues...

"Life is like a film. It always has a happy ending. If there's no happy ending it means the film is not done yet..."

Hubby was driving warp speed hoping to reach JB before midnight. I was comfortably reclined in my bucket seat, half listening to him, and half listening to the music. The CD was playing the all time blues.

We are both ardent fans of blues music. We recited lyrics faster than we recite the facts in our text books. When we were young and still in college, we used to hole up in his parent's house in brickfields to listen to old records of Blues Brothers, Jimmy Hendrix, Janice Joplin, Bob Dylan and the like. He used to play his guitar and sang me songs.. With his long hair almost reaching the waist and longer than mine at that time, he was more suited to be either a guitarist in a rock band or a hard core hippy crooning the blues.

The traffic was extraordinarily heavy tonight but our journey was smooth. When we reached Air Keroh R&R for a pit stop, Paul Rogers was singing our favorite, the Muddy Water Blues.

What a coincidence...

No comments:

Post a Comment