About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Thursday 1 July 2010

A dreamer can cry too...

"I am a dreamer. I can no more choose not to be one than a fish can choose not to swim..."

I was dreaming away when I received a call from a friend in KB. After pouring her woes, she asked: ‘You heard my story, what about yours?’ I told her that I am writing a story. A tale to upend a legend, revealing a passionate and powerful lady who is fervent in her career and friendships, too fervent in fact, for many of her friends. She’s having a midlife crisis and carefully controlled the secrets of her life from others. Her life is hushed and contemplative, yet strong and enduring.

I told this friend of mine that she and the main character in my story have some things in common - lonely teen years, insatiable curiosity and the kind of mind and mouth that tend to get them into trouble. The friends she mingled with were a disturbed lot when young, but being wiser than the rest, she would not be the first one to kick the hornet’s nest. She knows that some of her gang would, and had the wind kicked out of them instead, early in life and suffered.

I told her to read my story. I told her that a dreamer can cry too…

(Taman Negara)

I once dream of new beginnings
I once dream of change
Yet if I dream another dream
They all shall fade away...

4 comments:

  1. Spare me a character? .... as the bad guy ... or a clown...

    Keep a copy of the first print for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tok Ngah,
    No problem, I will... ha ha ha…
    Mana lah aku nak cari masa nak menulis ni.

    ReplyDelete
  3. let me know once uve published it:d i will buy one with the author's autograph:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lina,

    Some people dream of good dreams, i dream bad dreams too...

    When and if i publish my book, i will safe one for you.

    ReplyDelete