About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 30 July 2010

There’s no plan B…

"Seize the day, embrace the present, enjoy life while you"ve got the chance..."

(2009 - The Great Ocean Road)

Whatever generations you are in, be it Traditionalist, Baby Boomers, Generation X or Generation Y, life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt…

This morning I read an article sent to my e-mail from Doc Yus. According to the article, Baby Boomers are those born between 1946 and 1964 and we are one of them. We are considered as the largest generation of all time spanning almost 20 years and part of the reason why many in this generation delayed retirement as we live to work and wanted money, title and recognition. We are workaholics and have made a lot of sacrifices to get where we are right now.

Baby Boomers or not, we are tired of working. We are looking forward to resting at home and do things that we cannot do now. We have not planned for anything yet. There's no plan B. We don't even have plan A.

We don't want to worry now. Worrying does not take away tomorrows' troubles, but it can take away today's peace…

4 comments:

  1. Salam Kak Nong,

    Nice piece...I am near to Baby boomers but in Gen X...a blend of both.

    Thanks for asking my where about. I am in Houston for work assignment. Will be back in few days. U take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AM,
    Nice to hear from you. Enjoy your stay in Houston. Hope to read about it in your blog soon.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nong
    ...luv this photo of u 2 very much...mu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is not a matter of milestones, but of moments...

    Of moments together, just the two of us...

    mu too.

    ReplyDelete