About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Thursday 8 July 2010

Nice guys finish last...

"There is nothing more horrifying than stupidity in action. — A. E. Stevenson


Today is another day that tested my patience...

I chaired one interview panel to select a candidate for a Managerial post in my department. It is another 6 months before the incumbent leaves for retirement but it is never too early to identify his successor. The 10 shortlisted candidates were subjected to a rigorous selection process before the final interview.

The interview was one long exhaustive session. There were a few potential candidates suitable for the post. Some were really articulate and full of confidence. Some, the know-all candidates were full of crap. The rest were just time wasters.

I am known for being very strict and stickler for details. If anyone can understand the notoriety surrounding me then they will understand the reasons for my unprecedented ratings.

It's a pity. Some of them I know quite well. They are hard working and they are nice guys. If nice guys always finish last, then these guys are doomed from the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment