About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Tuesday 1 February 2005

Momento from South Africa (1996)

“Learn how to smile in the cannibal pot and life will be so much easier..." - Allen Brennert

(African cannibal's pots)

There is evidence, both archaeological and genetic, that cannibalism has been practiced for hundreds of thousands of years by early Homo Sapiens and archaic hominins. Human bones that have been de-fleshed by other humans go back 600,000 years.

Ritual murder and cannibalism in Africa were often related to sorcery. Headhunters and others often consumed bits of the bodies or heads of deceased enemies.

(Explorer in the pot)

We were in South Africa in November 1996 for business and leisure trip visiting Johannesburg and Cape Town.

My Overseas Travel Blog: munmus.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment