About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 17 August 2005

Art Talk...

“Remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good...” - P.C. Cast


Yesterday, amidst the back-to-back meetings and discussions, I attended a talk at the Auditorium on Islamic Art Appreciation organized by the Museum Matawang. Two speakers graced the occasion. Dr. Amir H. Zekrgoo, an Iranian Artist and scholar of art, has been engaged in teaching Islamic art, history of art and comparative art studies in religious and sacred art, among others. He is currently an Associate Professor of Islamic Arts at UIA.

Another speaker was Dr Sulaiman Esa, a Malaysian, prominent practitioner of contemporary Islamic art. Through his art and discourse, he has shown how the sacred can be coextensive with modernism and nationalism. He is currently teaching at the Faculty of Art & Design, UITM.

Topics presented - 'Islamic Art Through the Centuries from the Traditional to the Contemporary' and 'Contemporary Islamic Art of Malaysia : Achievements and Challenges'.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete