About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Saturday 27 August 2005

Watch the sky...

“In heaven, all the interesting people are missing...” - Friedrich Nietzsche
'

Tonight, all the way from Melaka I slept and left the driving to hubby.

I know he was tired and sleepy too but I just couldn’t help it. I was drained of all my energy. I was so tired, body and mind. These past few days have been so demanding, with datelines to meet and decisions to make. I was not sleeping well too during these nights.

I thought tonight would be a good time to watch the sky while we were driving on the hi-way. They said that in August the Planet Mars would be the brightest in the night sky. It will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. And especially tonight, Mars will come within 34.65 M. Miles of earth. If we were to watch the sky tonight at 0030 it will look like the earth has 2 moons. And the next time Mars may come this close will be in year 2287. No one alive today will ever see it again.

And we missed this. Because I was too tired to stay awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment