About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Monday 1 August 2005

Eat right – feel right...

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” - Friedrich Nietzsche


Today, beginning 7 a.m. staff will be able to enjoy the benefits of the Healthy Food Program at the Cafeteria. The program is to promote good health practices among staff . The café is implementing the new traffic light system in classifying our meals. We just need to follow the colours labelled on the food items. Green for Low in calories and fat. Yellow for Moderate and Red for High. Staff will be rewarded for taking the healthy alternative, Green items enjoy 30% discount and yellow items 20% discount.

As part of the Work-life balance, we are trying to Inculcate good eating habits with food that is identifiable, nutritious, balanced, calorie counted, affordable and of course tasty. We can feast our appetites from a full service sandwich bar, juice bar, exotic local fruits, and signature healthy meals. As a treat , for the first day of the program, there will be a free-flow from 7 a.m. - 11 a.m. of local fruits, special fruit punch, freshly squeezed fruit juices and selected snacks.

Today, I’ll try the health food at the cafe. A chance to treat my body and my wallet too.

No comments:

Post a Comment