About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Monday 22 August 2005

Warong Teh Tarik...

“I can resist anything except temptation...” - Oscar Wilde


We used to have our sunset rendezvous at our favorite warong teh tarik at the Lake Gardern.

But lately, ever since Nasi Lemak Tanglin opens business everyday and extends business hours till 10 at night, we have been visiting the stall almost everyday. In the morning for breakfast and Monday and Wednesday evenings for teh tarik and sometimes Nasi Lemak for early dinner before we go for our classes at Masjid Negara.

A few years back, the Nasi Lemak Tanglin was a small shabby pondok under the giant Angsana trees with branches that droop till they touch the ground. Situated next to the Butterfly Park, they shared business with the makeshift Chinese coffee shop next door. When the children were young, going to eat Nasi Lemak here on Saturday mornings was a family outing. The children loved the Nasi Lemak and the Kuah Daging.

I love the ambiance. It was like having breakfast in Taman Negara, where sometimes we share tables with the monkeys and the crows. We didn’t mind the biji saga scattering into our plates when the pods exploded. Or the crawlies hanging from the trees into our cups of tea. They were harmless caterpillars, which will later transform into beautiful butterflies. We used to eat amidst the sound of chirping birds and crickets and admired the lush greenery. We used to just sit down to contemplate on the beauty of the place. You will find the feeling of peace lingers within the serenity of nature and its surroundings.

Now that they have turned the area into a large parking lot and relocated the warong at the new modern food stalls, I missed the tranquility and peacefulness…

No comments:

Post a Comment