About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Sunday 2 April 2006

Fish n’ chips & Tomyam...

“To weep is to make less the depth of grief…” - William Shakespeare

Iwan and Ella were already at Ikea. Sara and I were supposed to meet them at the food-court for dinner. It was still early but everyone was hungry. The ladies ordered meatballs. Iwan ordered fish n’ chips. Looking at Iwan’s fish n’ chips reminded me of my beloved Ja. If ever we go to Victoria Station for western food, Ja will take time to look at the menu thoroughly but eventually he will order fish n’ chips without fail. When come to food, he was not that adventurous.

“tak yah tengok lama-lama menu tu… nanti order fish n’ chips gak… “ We used to tease. It has become a family joke.

After dinner we went to buy provision at the Cold Storage. On the way to the car we stopped at one nearby Thai Restaurant and gazed at the picture menu. Tomyam was Ja’s favorite food too. When the kids pointed out that “gambar tomyam tu nampak sedap”, it nearly brought tears to my eyes…

I miss my baby so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment