About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Thursday 20 April 2006

Kuching - Surprise Audit...

“Of the gladdest moments in human life, is the departure upon a distant journey into unknown lands…”


I was in a state of panic when I woke up this morning.

I must have slept like a rock and didn’t hear the alarm. I got ready in a jiffy and said goodbyes to the kids. They must’ve not heard me from under their warm comforters. By 6.30 a.m. I was speeding on the NKVE hi-way on my way to KLIA. My flight to Kuching was a little delayed. By the time the plane landed at the new airport someone was already there to pick me up. They must have received Linda’s e-mail to inform that I am coming for the surprised audit.

Before I start work, sms hubby to let him know that I am already at my branch office. He promised to have lunch together and to pass me the key to the hotel room. After a short briefing by the Branch Manager, I was accompanied by the two custodians and the Audit Control Officer to the main vault where I observed them performed the stock count. Except for a minor discrepancies in the main register, the inventory was in order.

Hubby came at 1 p.m., sweating. I am glad to see him. I missed him so much. We had lunch with his team at a food court behind the office. After lunch he sent me back to the branch office and he walked in the hot sun to Telekom building where they are conducting a 2-week Mentoring Program for the Telekom staff. The whole afternoon was spent discussing issues of concern with the Branch Manager and all the section heads and the Chief Security.
'
(Mr. Beans for me and Sara)

Back in the hotel room we had a luxurious long nap. We only woke up when it was already dark outside. Dinner was fried tilapia at Sugar Bun. Feeling sleepy again we went to bed early and sleep tight till morning…

3 comments:

  1. nak teka lagi ni..

    nong ni bekerja dalam bidang odit.. kalau kat opis dengar org odit nak datang seram je memasing ..hehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nong:
    thanx for visiting my blog..
    i'm sure your work is also challenging..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zino,
    Juru Odit pun bukan hehehe..

    Dua kali setahun kita akan buat surprise audit kat cawangan2 tu. Kalau tak, entah apa2 yang dorang buat...

    Traveler,
    Welcome. Most of the time my work will be routine, office hours asyik meeting, meeting and meeting. But some of the time it is quite challenging and interesting...

    ReplyDelete