About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Tuesday 21 December 2004

The Runaway witness...

“The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me...” - Ayn Rand


Two weeks ago I was subpoenaed by the Magistrate Court to be an expert witness to counterfeiting case.

And today, as early at 8.30 a.m., I presented myself to the police officer in-charge. The last time I went to court, I had to sit in the cramped witness room before being called to the witness stand. This time I asked permission to sit in the courtroom throughout the session. I was ready to give my expert opinion if required by the presiding Magistrate or the Prosecution Officer. The case was mentioned at 11 a.m. I was not called to testify as the accused decided to plead guilty.

I considered the case as closed. What a waste of precious time.

No comments:

Post a Comment