About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Sunday 5 December 2021

Gunung Stong Kelantan, the highest mountain in Southeast Asia...

“Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.” — Mark Twain

(Jelawang Waterfall in the background)

Gunung Stong is located in the district of Dabong, Kuala Krai, Kelantan. Although located in the district of Kuala Krai, it is closer to the town of Gua Musang. The 1,422m mountain is located in the Gunung Stong Forest Reserve near the 303m high Jelawang Waterfall which is claimed to be the highest in Southeast Asia. This mountain is a popular location for mountain climbers because it is very challenging.

Gunung Stong is also located in the Titiwangsa Range and consist of Hill Dipterocarp forest, Upper Dipterocarp forest, and Montane forest. There is a lot of flora in this mountain that has medicinal value.

(Leaving Gua Musang early in the morning)
(Beware of wild animals crossing)
(A glimpse of Jelawang Waterfall)
(The viewpoint is still under construction)
(Scenic view of mountains and waterfalls)

Gunung Stong is located in a valley surrounded by four mountains, namely Gunung Basor, Gunung Anak Noring, Gunung Chamat and Gunung Setong.

I used to climb Gunung Stong up to Jelawang Waterfall to watch the sunrise during my younger years with my SMKB/SIC Scout Troops.

(All shops were closed during Covid era)
(The start of the mountain climbing trail)

No comments:

Post a Comment