About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Saturday 4 June 2005

Langkawi: Clandestine island retreat...

“A few years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do...”


Langkawi'

We started from home at 1 p.m. The traffic was heavy with a few accidents and heavy rain along the hi-way contributing to the slow crawl. We reached Kuala Kedah Jetty quite early, enough time to board the 7 o’clock ferry. The journey took more than an hour and we had opportunity to have a short nap. A cab sent us to Kondo Istana and we had dinner at the nearby warong first before we checked in the penthouse.

The 4-bedroom apartment was too big for the two of us. I wish the kids were here with us but they have their own plans for the weekend. Sara and her gang are going to Alamanda and later plan to sleep over in UPM. Iwan has to prepare and submit his final project paper by next week. As for Ja, he has been avoiding talking to me ever since I refused to let him use the car. As always, he would rather spend time gallivanting with his brotherhoods rather than spend the weekend with us.

For now, there's only the two of us. We are going to enjoy the holiday, lay back and relax. Free our minds of work and worries, an opportunity to unwind and revitalise.

No comments:

Post a Comment