About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Monday 13 June 2005

Unexploited talents...

“A man’s mind grows narrow in a narrow place..." - Samuel Johnson


Iwan came home last night and watched the F1 till the wee hours and ended up sleeping with us in the Study. I had woken up before 6. I started from home in the heavy rain and anxious to be in office early to learn about the outcome of PM’s meeting with the Management on Saturday. I was summoned to the meeting on IDB side events, which was rescheduled earlier by the Corporate Services Department. My team quickly updated me on the IDB commemorative coins and launching preparations.

But when I got to the meeting, it didn't take long to sense that there was a palpable aura of tension. I couldn't put my finger on it, but one thing was obvious, there was no sense of a team here. They were a group of talented individuals, doing everything they could to get ahead and crawl over each other. But what surprised me most was the kind of work they did. Substandard and superficial. They were supposedly talented, and I got the impression they work hard. What surprised me about them was that they didn't seem to have moved ahead much since the last time we met.

No comments:

Post a Comment