About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Tuesday 28 June 2005

Privacy is dead...

'“Our story has three parts: a beginning, a middle, and an end..."


I found that out at my Club. I've been going to the Sauna and Steam Room there almost every two weeks for the past years, as has another woman I often see. Her timing and routine is almost the same as mine. On the bicycle for 10-15 minutes. Shower and in the Sauna for 15 minutes then the Steam Room for another 15 minutes then shower again. Some days, if I have time to kill, I’ll have a dip in the Jacuzzi.

Most days we simply greet each other with a friendly 'Hai, how are you'. Recently, however, she disrupted the routine.

She first started with small conversations and as the days gone by she started to tell me of her life story and asked me about mine, which I don’t talk quite freely with strangers. At times I find her friendliness is quite intrusive as if demanding that I stop what I'm doing or thinking and deal with her in a way that others do not. When she starts talking, I lose valuable precious time.

In the Sauna or the Steam room, even with some other friends around me, I like to be left alone to entertain irrelevant personal thoughts, some can be inspirational. These thoughts are sometime thinking about problems and solutions. Sometime daydream plans emphasizing on nothing in particular. Some are days of nostalgia, attempting to recall things that happened to me in my childhood, during my younger days, my first best friend, my first date, and my first love… each memory recalled in as much detail as I can muster.

Dear lady, the next time I am in the Sauna or in the Steam Room, if you sit down next to me and I immediately stand up and move somewhere else, it doesn't mean your breath is foul or anything; it just means I don't want another human next to me at that time. You may think that I am either a shy person or a misanthropic. Take your pick. But I really need my privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment