About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Thursday 23 June 2005

Encasing the rainforest...

“Weeds are flowers, too, once you get to know them...” - A.A. Milne


I am keen at gardening but I am not a good gardener.

My water garden is becoming more and more of a problem especially if I need to be away from home a week or two. My garden had to be made as maintenance free as possible. It had to be a garden where, if it weren’t touched for a couple or more weeks, it wouldn't really be noticed.


Last month, when Sara and I were window-shopping, we saw something unique and interesting being displayed in one of the shops. They were selling terrariums, tightly closed clear glass containers for growing and displaying plants that do not normally thrive well in normal home atmosphere.

So I bought me a miniature greenhouse, a self-contained eco-system containing dwarf palm trees, pitcher plants, creepers and jungle ferns. I do not have to water the plant daily and hopefully my mini garden will not produce weeds or brambles. The miniature garden has a very therapeutic view that relaxes my eyes and eases my mind. I’d placed it on the discussion table in my office and it becomes a conversation piece, and the envy of my colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment