About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Sunday 12 June 2005

Heart-to-heart talk...

“Sometimes to face your future you have to let go of your past...”


It was a gloomy day outside when I woke up, and I stayed in bed for a long time, thinking of what was happening. I had been sleeping for a few hours, exhausted by the activities and emotions of last night... it had been undeniably hellish.

Late afternoon, Sara and I went to visit Ja in the hospital. Most probably he will be discharged tomorrow. When we arrived, he was resting and looked bored. Ja and I had a very long talk. We seldom have the chance to talk to each other like this before. And when we had, we were like planets in separate orbits, not able to communicate with each other at all.

Besides talking about his health problem we discussed about his future. He was sensible in his analysis of the situation. I suggested he go on about his life, use the time well, and see if he wanted to go back to study. I thought it might be a great opportunity to explore new avenues to express his talents.

There are so many things he can do. He confided that he had always wanted to look for permanent job or go for study together with his girlfriend. It sounded as though he has some serious thinking to do after this. Everything he described about how he felt, about not being cared or loved, sounded dreadful. For me to be able to talk to him like this had been like a gift from heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment