About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Saturday 4 June 2005

Little fishes in the pond...

“What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable?” - John Green'


This morning I tried my hands on some gardening.

The plants look so pathetic, and most need repotting. The pond needs some cleaning too as the water looks so murky. My hungry little fishes were swimming energetically trying to catch my attention, hoping to get some food. It has been a while since I clean the water and I could see some biological activities creeping wildly in the pond. Lately, without the help of the water pump, which has been purposely removed, green slimy vegetation has invaded the pond. If this problem is not resolved, it is very likely that the fishes will eventually die. The slimy greenish algae can remove all the oxygen from the water and suffocate my three little fishes.

Even the water fountain is clogged up by green moss. Instead of a steady flow of water, the fountain trickles like a sore leak. The fountain, if functioning properly, could create a soothing tranquil background sound and helps to aerate water to keep the pond clean and clear. I thought water gardening is simplicity in itself but I guess I need to get help or some practical advice from the pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment