About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Monday 5 December 2022

Masjid Jamek Perangin, Penang - 1890

“Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment...” - Buddha

(Masjid Jamek Perangin, Penang)

GPS: 5.415003 100.332160
05°24′54.01″N 100°19′55.78″E

Masjid Al-Jamiul Azzakirin is also known as Masjid Jalan Perangin. It is a small beautiful mosque located at a corner of the busy road near the Tun Abdul Razak Complex (KOMTAR) and across the Perangin shopping complex.

(Located at a corner of a busy intersections)
(A small beautiful mosque)

This mosque was built around 1890s on a land bought by the Indian Muslim Association. Since its construction, this mosque has carried out other activities besides being a place of prayer. By the middle of the 19th century, the mosque was not as busy as it used to be when many villagers sold their houses and moved to other places to make way for city developments.

(The signage of the mosque)
(Inspecting the outer area)
(The mosque was locked)

No comments:

Post a Comment