About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 20 August 2004

Changed mindset...

“One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries...” - A.A. Milne


Better late than never. We have started the overdue mid-year review with the managers. Again, we laid down expectations and results. Again, we stressed on efficiency and professionalism. The sessions offered fruitful insights on attitudes and behaviors. Even exposed us to 360-degree feedback from the vocal ones. I saw potentials for upgrading and promotions in some of them. The other some, may need more exposure and experience. They need further coaching and guidance. And even engage in self-directed learning for knowledge enrichment. If possible, would like to extend the mid-year review to all the branch managers too.

Putting office politics aside, I have seen close cooperation between the sections. What with the cross-functional initiatives and inter-section projects, they have to work together to achieve desired objectives. No doubt, I have seen commitment and hard work. What I see lacking is substantial input in term of strategic thought and ideas. We are operational people. Too much involve in procedures and compliances. Too process oriented. Need to have a change of mind set on perspective.

Tonight I attended the extra class while hubby attended a dinner at Nikko Hotel. Fetched him after class. Spotted a new nasi kandar’s restoran along Jalan Ampang. The view was magnificent from the terrace where we had our dinner. If the food is good, this place could be another central meeting place.

No comments:

Post a Comment