About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Tuesday 24 August 2004

Nursing injuries...

“People who bite the hand that feeds them usually lick the boot that kicks them…” - Eric Hoffer 


Ubai and her daughter, Amani were ready early. We had breakfast before dropping them off at KLCC. They are going back to KB by train tonight. We said goodbye, I won’t be able to send them off tonight at KL Sentral. Sms Nik Min but it’s too rush to arrange for a meet up. Maybe next time…

The workshop continued smoothly today. Lunch was at The Vogue, with elegant European-style setting. Buffet serving exotic eastern and western cuisines, much better choices than the one we had yesterday at The Temps. At end of the workshop, at least the group managed to draw up a skeleton framework of the strategy map depicting the desired outcomes, defined some critical processes and identified some capability developments specific to the sector.

Hubby fetched me just after 6.00 p.m. We drove to Plaza Damansara for a light meal. The Roti canai and tose more than sufficient to fill up our tummy before the squash games. Solat Maghrib at Mesjid Saidina Othman. Tried to look out for Nik T but all men look the same in their kain pelikat and kopiah.

Linda booked the squash court from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. But I don’t think we can survive that long. The BKE club facilities are ok but nowhere close to our gym at the office. One of these days would want to try the sauna or the Jacuzzi. We played a few round of games, with a lot of resting intervals in between. Felt so good, with a lot of sweating. Have not sweat like this for years. May need to go slow with the exercise though. Do not want to cause unnecessary trauma to these unused muscles.

Still feeling full from our early dinner, we shared a plate of fried rice at The Rumpun. After nursing his injured knee and my blistered finger, we held each other tight and slept soundly till late morning…

No comments:

Post a Comment