About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 27 August 2004

Managing priorities...

"A hurrying mind is a disorganized mind, and disorganized mind makes mistakes..."


I promised Nik Hasnah that I would be at the spa around lunchtime to meet one of her partners. May want to have lunch somewhere near or even drive to Sri Hartamas for a quick meal. But just before 12 noon, received a distress call from Zila. “Jom makan, need someone to talk to lah..…”

Lately Zila has been complaining about coping with work. Lately she has been talking about quitting, talking about priorities and responsibilities. This was not new to me. I’ve been hearing about this, years before I left my old department. She knows that she will have a lot to lose if she quits. Especially, at her current position, she’s already established, already has the experience and skills to move up the corporate ladder.

When asked, how I managed to cope with life. To cope with unreasonable targets and demanding pressures at work and at home, I told her it’s a matter of managing priorities. It’s a matter of managing accountabilities. I told her in life we have to know our limits. What we could, or what we couldn't do. I told her that I have adopted a new philosophy in life. One that allows me to be at peace with myself, to accept those things that I cannot control, as well as keeping me from dwelling too long on mistakes. At this moment, to enjoy life to the fullest…

Drove to Bukit Tunku after an express tempura meal with zila at the cafĂ©. Told her to arrange with the gang for ikan bakar excursion at belakang Istana one of these days…'

No comments:

Post a Comment