About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Sunday 1 August 2004

Momento from Japan (1987)

"When you have completed 95 percent of your journey, you are only halfway there..." - Japanese Proverb 

(Japanese dolls in the teapots)

Japanese Dolls

Kyoto is said to be the place of origin of Japanese dolls...

Kyoto is still known for being the home of various forms of Japanese handcrafts, including the famous 'Kyoto Dolls' made of wood or porcelain.

Japanese dolls became popular among the aristocracy during the Heian Period. Even in the imperial court, the aristocracy played with dolls in the same way children did, dressing them up and acting out court life. What is now known as the Kyoto Doll evolved from these dolls.

(Japanese Dolls: Google)

I was in Japan in October 1987, September 2007 and June 2019.

My Overseas Travel Blog: munmus.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment