About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 6 August 2004

Know your story line...

“Ideas are one thing, and what happens is another…” - John Cage 


I can’t recall when was the last time I came to the Staff Training Center for courses?

The STC looks brand new. They had a face lift recently, concurrent with the renovation done at the HQ. The lecture rooms look elegant, smart. The dining hall cheerful and bright. With new fixtures and carpeting. What I like most about STC is the tea breaks and lunches. The food here is so scrumptious. A credit to the resident apek in charge of the f&b. I’ve seen him around ever since my first visit to STC for my induction course. That was more than two decades ago.

I had completed a two-day workshop on Message Strategy and Media Writing Skills at the STC. The workshop was very much tailored to those who deal with the press. There were only 10 of us in the group. The workshop was fast paced. Filled with heated discussions, challenging debates and amusing stories. Fairly similar to the SWOT analysis, the Force Field Analysis was used and adopted to develop message for the media. We had Ms M and Mr KH, consultants from M KH & Associates, to facilitate the workshop.

While Mr KH was a typical consultant, smart and business-like, Ms M was somewhat very different from the other consultants that I’ve worked with. She’s a very out of the ordinary person, her dressing is different. She called it alternative dressing. Call it what you like, but I find it weird, to a point of gaudy. For these two days, she wore batik sarong and selendang in a style less conventional. A very interesting character indeed…

No comments:

Post a Comment