About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Tuesday 3 August 2004

MBA Mumbo Jumbo...

“Being an effective leader in business today requires more than personal charm, telegenic charisma, or a healthy ego...” – Noel Tichy


Traffic was at its usual crawl this morning. Managed to get to the Palace of the Golden Horses just in time for the registration and a cup of tea. I think our own people made up 10% of the audience. I heard that this event by Dr. Noel Tichy from the University of Michigan Business School was a sell out. In fact, there'll be a special session tomorrow with our Senior Management at our premise.

Today’s talk was on The leadership Engine: Building Leaders at Every Level. The Royal Ballroom was packed with people from all disciplines. What interests me most was the concept on his ‘Teachable Point of Views’. I am yet to complete my reading on his book of the same title. Another interesting book by him is Control Your Destiny or Someone Else Will.

No comments:

Post a Comment