About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Sunday 25 September 2005

Kenduri sambut puasa...

“I don't mind making jokes, but I don't want to look like one...” - Marilyn Monroe


This morning, when I stepped in the kitchen I got a shock to see my siput for today’s lunch crawling all over the kitchen. I thought Sara was pulling my leg last night when she said that my siput were planning a great escape during the night!

We had our breakfast with Iwan while the girls were still sleeping in the study. I started preparing for the kenduri early while Iwan and his Abah cleaned the pond and the porch and later set up the tent. Unfortunately, the big-foot couldn’t get started so we have to leave it where it is. The girls at last came to my rescue and helped in the kitchen. We are having lunch kampung-style, with siput sedut masak lemak cili api, daging masak kicap, sup ayam, sambal udang petai, mixed vege with button mushroom, ayam goreng, ikan kering and sambal belacan. For dessert we have cream caramel and grapes. Yum yum…

Noh’s family was the first to come. Followed by Latif’s then Shah came with Tijan and Zoey. Later Ros and kids with Emak. Lan and family came much later. We started with solat zohor and recited doa for health and wealth of the family. Noh and Yati announced that they are going to perform the Hajj end of year. Semuga mendapat Haji yang mabrur.

After lunch, while we were having dessert, Yati introduced some health products and we took turn to test our blood pressure while others indulged in facials and masks on their faces trying the new products. It was good to have all in the family gathering together once in a while and we had a good laugh…

No comments:

Post a Comment