About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Monday 5 September 2005

RM1 withdrawn...

“Time is very slow for those who wait. Very fast for those who are scared. Very long for those who lament . Very short for those who celebrate..."


Bank Negara Malaysia announced that effective 7 December 2005, the RM1 coin will cease to be legal tender and will be withdrawn from circulation. The RM1 banknote will continue to be legal tender and will remain in circulation. Members of the public will be given a three-month period from 7 September to 6 December 2005 to exchange the RM1 coins at face value without any charges at all branches of commercial banks, the main branches of BSN and Bank Negara Malaysia's branches.

Need to start breaking the piggy banks to look for these coins.

No comments:

Post a Comment