About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Wednesday 7 September 2005

Farewell and goodbye...

“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world...” - Nelson Mandela


Tonight we had a special dinner function for our Masjid Negara class. It was also a farewell dinner as we will be graduating soon. For some of us who excel in the final exam will be invited to join the Tafaqquh Class. For the rest, this will not be the end of the journey. There are many other classes organized by Masjid Negara. In fact some of us are already planning to enroll in Arabic class this November.

After office I went to UIA to fetch Sara. She just came back from Langkawi on a project trip. Hubby came separately on his big-bike. Met up with the rest of my classmates at 8.30 p.m. at Retoran Nelayan, Tasik Titiwangsa. Originally we estimated the turnout to be around 25 persons so we booked 3 tables but it turned out to be more than 35 people came, some with spouses and kids and we have to open another table. We had set dinner of seafood. While having dinner, we were entertained by live performance of cultural dance.

Photo shots followed after speeches by the class rep and from the Ustaz. We handed Ustaz presents from the anak-anak murid and thanked him for his perseverance and tolerance in dealing with us in the class. Ustaz Mohamad is my favorite Ustaz and one of the best Ustaz that taught me throughout my beginner to advance classes. Time flies so fast. All in all, I have spent five years attending Monday and Wednesday night classes in Masjid Negara.

Along these years we make a lot of friends. We lose some too…

No comments:

Post a Comment