About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 1 July 2005

Just wanna have fun...

 “There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness...” - Friedrich Nietzsche
(The first Girl Scouts at Bachok, Kelantan)

When I was young, I suppose I did a lot of the things that teens girls do. I became interested in a lot of things like drama, dancing and singing. Although a little tone deaf, I turned to music as a way of expressing myself. I joined the choir group during form 4 and form 5 and played the recorder for the Choir Competitions in a few states. I played hockey and netball too.

I joined the 1st Girl Scout and enjoyed outdoor activities, the camping and campfires, hiking and cycling, even canoeing and yachting. I joined the swimming club when we moved to Sekolah Menengah Kota Bharu, the only school that have a swimming pool then, but I guessed I was a slow learner. Till now I can’t even float properly. As with all girls, we flirted and let boys chased us, some even let us catch them, hung around with the 'gang' at our favourite joints, Nuritake or Sun Too for ice cream or popiah goreng, went to the beaches etc. etc… I feel that I was a typical extroverted youth and later have gone through the ups and downs in life...

(The Big Five, the Girl Scouts pioneers)

During secondary school and in the girls hostel, I spent most of my time with the Big 5, my closest of friends. For almost 30 years we lost contact with each other after form 5 and in a recent reunion we met again. U is now a Senator, Nik N is a Consulate wife, A is a Guru Kanan and B is an ex-teacher and now a full time housewife and me? I am where I am now…

4 comments:

  1. blurr of not i've made copies of them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tok Ngah,
    1973 was our last year together in SIC and we were sweet seventeens at that time.

    Wow, look at the legs.... ish ish...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baru teringat. Bakpo b5? There were six of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tok Ngah,
    There were always 5 of us, kid, ubai, babee, ani and me...

    The rest tu our side-kicks jer.. he he...

    ReplyDelete