About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Sunday 10 July 2005

Disturbed equilibrium...

“You have to know what you stand for, not just what you stand against...” - Laurie Halse Anderson
 

With Sara and Iwan, I visited Zu’s mom at the Institute Jantung Negara this afternoon. When we arrived, it was way after the visiting hours and after much haggling with the security guard, I was allowed to go up alone to visit. The Mak Cik had undergone a cardiac bypass operation this morning. She was still under sedative and was unable to talk much so we let her rest. According to Zu, they only found out recently that her mother had high blood pressure and they were quite surprised that her mother had a heart condition because the old lady never complained, other than the usual ‘pening-pening lalat’ after doing some strenuous chores around the house.

I too have been experiencing light headedness and vertigo lately. Usually this happens if I skipped lunch for a few days in a row, which more often than not lead to my usual gastric pain. Because of sudden surge of vertigo I sometime feel nausea and experience spinning sensation as if I am about to lose my balance and fall into a void. Twice last month I slipped while going down the few flight of steps and sprained the same tendons over and over. Even the Thai lady who massaged my legs during the foot reflexology session noticed the ugly bruises on my right leg.

My blood pressure must be shooting high, that’s my initial diagnosis.

2 comments:

  1. try taking a lot of garlic,it really helps the blood flow.anyway pasal anak yang ade cite cite tak nak blaja tu,im not at all suprise,just kene try help him find out something usefull that he/she can do in life.good luck and have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, boleh try makan bawang putih. Mungkin yang dalam capsule tu senang ditelan.

    Pasal budak sorang tu, tgh ikhtiar ni...

    ReplyDelete