About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Monday 18 July 2005

My private retreat...

“Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen...” - Leonardo da Vinci
(The High Court, building in progress)

My life is so hectic and unpredictable nowadays.

I am so busy with work and have no time to sit back and relax. Now that our Putramas apartment is ready for occupancy, we have started to appoint contractors to laminate the flooring for the bedrooms and study and have chosen pattern for the wrought iron grills. And, last weekend we spent some time going around furniture showrooms to look for ideas to furnish the apartment.

As we will still be maintaining our Bidara house, Putramas apartment will be ‘our private retreat’. From the 22nd floor, the living room has a magnificent view of the Wilayah Mosque, the Sri Hartamas condos and Mount Kiara. They even built a special highway to the apartment and is centrally located within 5-10 minutes drive to our Bidara house, the club, the spa and the office.

Although we would not be staying in the apartment fulltime, I would want the apartment to offer ultimate comfort and privacy. And, can also accommodate the three stooges when they come visiting. In designing the interiors, it should not only involve our taste in furniture, but also include our lifestyle.

(A private road to Sri Putramas)

I want the look to be contemporary. After all, an ultra-modern, sparse look might work well with us. The more a house reflects our taste and our lifestyle, the more comfortable and relaxed we'll feel. We're looking for ideas to decorate the apartment to help us find that balance.

2 comments:

  1. Hie Kak Nong!Finally found the time to go through your blog. Itupun tak habis lagi. And I realised I was linked to yours. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SM,
    Kak Nong pun sekarang very busy dengan kerja. Kena find time to update. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete