About Me

My photo
I am married to my loving husband for more than 40 years now. I am a mother to 3 beautiful children, until years ago when I lost my youngest son. Since then my life is forever altered but yet unbroken....

Friday 8 July 2005

Seal With A Loving Kiss...

"When I was small, and the Christmas trees were tall, we used to love while others used to play. Don't ask me why, our love will never die..."


S.W.A.L.K. was the first movie I went to see with a boy I knew all my younger life. He was a few years my senior in secondary school and we became best of friends. Over those years, our feelings for each other grew. We cared and looked after each other and promised that whatever happened we would still be forever friends. After MCE, I applied to further my study in a college in KL and ready to spread my wings but he opted to stay in KB to be with his family and take his HSC again.

The saying 'distance makes the hearts grow fonder' is not actually true in our case as something did happened and marked the beginning of hundreds of changes in our life, big and small. Letting go was something I had to go through. I left the neighborhoods and friends I knew and loved. I met new friends, fell in love, got married and have children.

Along the way I win some, I lose some. I gained new experience, happy and sad. I never regret of things that happened. But once a while when I listen to the songs from that S.W.A.L.K. movie, I still ached with nostalgia, with guilt of broken promises. With memories of innocent affairs of the hearts...

When asked why, I chose what's best for me at that time. I think I'm wiser now and I've done more with my life than I otherwise might have. I've learned a lot through happiness and pain. This sense of being part of something larger can bring peace and help repair the disappointments in life. When I let go of my demands for how I thought my world should be, I found one of the greatest gifts of all. I found my own true self.

2 comments:

  1. Salam Kak Nong -

    I lurveeeeeeee Mark Lester ! And I have been in love with Bee Gees eversince.

    ReplyDelete